Orthopedic surgical services aids patients in the ability to move and directly impacts quality of life. The Orthopedics Bone & Joint Health Team at Maria Parham Health specializes in restoring quality of life with advanced procedures for the hip, knee, shoulder, elbow, foot and other orthopedic conditions and issues. Our team implements minimally invasive techniques, such as arthroscopic surgery which provide important patient benefits. The benefits includes less blood loss, shorter recovery, and less pain. Our orthopedic surgeons are highly skilled in the use of these techniques to ensure patients have the best possible experience.
Orthopedic procedures and techniques offered include internal and percutaneous fixation of all bones, arthroscopic procedures on the shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle. We are also performing minimally invasive endoscopic carpal tunnel releases.
Types of Orthopedic Surgeries:
- Total Joint Replacements- hip, knee, and shoulder
- Fixation of all Types of Bone Fractures Closed & Open
- Arthroscopic Procedures- Shoulder with & without rotator cuff repair, elbow, and knee
- Endoscopic Carpal Tunnel Repair
- Tendon & Ligament Repair
Every operating room is equipped with state of the art laparoscopic equipment.
General and diagnostic laparoscopic procedures performed at Maria Parham include looking into the abdomen though a lighted device with the capabilities of removing tumors, or growths. Our team has the capability to repair defects in the abdominal wall through small incisions (holes) in your abdomen though laparoscopic surgery.
Other Laparoscopic Procedures:
- Laparoscopic cholecystectomy- removal of the gallbladder through a small incision your belly
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repair with and without mesh- repair defects in the lining of the abdomen through small incisions in your belly laparoscopic
- Laparoscopic Appendectomy – removal of the appendix using a small incision in the abdomen
Maria Parham surgical team has the capability to perform procedures such as hysterectomy and C-sections.
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterestomy
- Laparoscopic Tubal Ligations
When a child in our region comes to Maria Parham for a surgical procedure our team is caring, compassionate, and experienced working with young patients. Procedures performed at Maria Parham includes tonsillectomy, appendectomy, and surgery for ear infections where tubes are places in children's ears.