Residual Functional Capacity Evaluation (RFCE) is a detailed examination and evaluation that objectively measures the client/patient’s current level of function, primarily within the context of the demands of competitive employment, activities of daily living or leisure activities. Measurements of function from a RFCE are used by the referring physician to make:
- Return-to-work and job-placement decisions
- Disability determination
- Determination of how non-work-related illness and injuries impact work performance
- Determination of function in non-occupational setting
- Intervention and treatment planning
- Case management and case closure.