Physical Therapists (PTs) address neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems that limit movement, such as pain, weakness, range of motion, coordination, and balance limitations that result from physical injury or disease process.
Our Physical Therapists help patients return to activities ranging from walking to returning work. They implement various courses of treatment including therapeutic exercises, heat and cold modalities, gait, transfers, and balance retraining.
Maria Parham Physical Therapists can help address the following needs:
- Teach basic mobility skills including transfer to chair, in/out of bed, walking with crutches and prostheses and utilizing wheelchairs
- Help restore strength, movement, balance, coordination, and help to control pain or limitations
- Treat disabling conditions such as low back pain, arthritis, heart disease, fractures, head injuries, cerebral palsy, and neurological diseases
- Educate the patient on the deficits and develop individualized exercise and movement programs
- Perform functional capacity evaluations
- Treat vestibular (equilibrium) deficits and dizziness