The goal of the Maria Parham Amputee Rehabilitation program is to provide unparalleled service in improving the health, mobility, and quality of life for individuals with limb loss. Our program is customizable to help each patient achieve their goals.
Our team of experienced and dedicated professionals can provide care for individuals with all levels of amputations in every stage of the recovery process. Whether you have lost a limb as a result of diabetes, vascular disease, traumatic injury, or work related injury- we can help improve your quality of life.
Our services include:
- Individualized exercise programs
- Prosthetic fitting and training
- Monthly support group meetings
- Wound care and prevention
- Patient and family education
- Onsite prostetic adjustments
- Home assessment to deternine special needs
- Supportive and caring group of experienced medical professionals
Anyone in our community who has lost a limb or is at risk of losing a limb is eligible for our program. Insurance coverage varies but almost all will for therapy and prosthetic/orthotic devices. Medicaid also pays for prostetic/orthotic equipment for adults now. If you have never had services for limb loss, and need more information please call (252) 436-1600.