Maria Parham's laboratory operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to provide information critical to patient diagnosis and care. Our laboratory is fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists. Our services include Hematology, Chemistry, Coagulation, Microbiology, Drug Screening, Blood Bank (Transfusion Services), Pathology and EKG. Our team of approximately 50 laboratory professionals consists of board certified pathologists, certified medical technologists and technicians, an LIS specialist, and certified phlebotomists. Our nationally certified personnel are all extensively trained to collect, process, and analyze specimens. The team in the lab is committed to providing quality assurance and tight control while at the same time exemplifying extraordinary service to our customers. Most procedures are performed onsite which allows for quick turn-around time for results.
The latest technology advancement in our laboratory is the GeneXpert. Cepheid’s GeneXpert System delivers faster, more accurate results that improve patient outcomes, operational efficiencies, and reduce the overall cost of care.
- The Maria Parham’s laboratory is located on the first floor near Outpatient Registration.
- Hours are Monday-Friday, 8am to 5:00pm on a walk-in basis.
- A second outpatient lab is located in the Medical Office Plaza located behind the hospital.
- After hour Outpatient collections/specimen drop-off can be done thru our Emergency Department; however, please be aware that wait time may be extended for after hour collections.
- Find a Doctor
- Center for Rehabilitation
- Intensive Care Unit
- Medical Unit
- Mother and Baby
- Cancer Care
- Cardiopulmonary Rehab
- Heart Care
- Heartburn Treatment
- Home Health
- Occupational Medicine
- Pain and Physical Medicine Clinic
- Radiology and Digital Imaging
- Respiratory Care
- Sleep Center
- Vein Center
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care